I know there are a million and one Spinach Artichoke Dip recipes circling the internet, but this recipe is always a crowd pleaser. It’s made in the crockpot, has minimal ingredients, is smooth and creamy, and deliciously cheesy!
I always make a batch of this for any event that I have. You can prep all of the ingredients in advance. I like to get everything ready and put them in a large plastic ziploc and keep it in the fridge until I’m ready to go (except the cream cheese). All you’ll have to do is throw the ingredients in the crockpot a few hours in advance, and your dip is ready to go. I use my little food processor to chop up the artichokes and the spinach, which cuts the prep time in half.
I love to use fresh spinach in this dip and I think it adds better flavor. I feel like I always have a bag of spinach in my fridge and this is a great way to use it. I also hate squeezing out the liquid of frozen spinach. It’s soooo cold! You can serve this dip with vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers. I especially love it with these pumpkin tortilla chips.
This dip only has a few ingredients and I love it’s smooth and creamy texture. There are three types of cheese in this Spinach Artichoke Dip, mozzarella, parmesan and cream cheese. I guess cream cheese counts as a cheese. These three cheeses melt beautifully and complement each other in this dip. It’s also chocked full of spinach and artichokes, which blend with the cheese and spices. This yummy dip is great for any event and so easy to throw together! Get out your crockpot to serve this up at your next party!
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cans artichokes, drained, chopped
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 tub (about 1 ½ cups) shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chips and veggies for dipping
- Use a small food processor to chop up the spinach and artichokes. I like mine chopped very small, so the dip is smooth and not chunky, but chop to your liking.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 4 hours, or until completely melted. Be sure to stir a few times during the heating process to incorporate all of the cheeses.
- Serve hot with chips and vegetables!